Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Officially Six Months Old
Sorry it has been so long for me to update. I was trying to give the blog a little holiday face lift and I did not know what I was doing. Gracie has been growing by leaps and bounds. John has been working with her to teach her how to give high five's and she is doing very well. She sits up on her own for longer periods of time and reaches for toys to play with. She has always gotten the hiccups very easily, even in utero. Gracie's doctor told me at two months that she could have a little apple juice mixed with water. Normally I give her a few sips of that from the bottle to help them subside, but the other day I put some in a nuby sippy cup and gave it to her. I can't believe it but my six month old can hold a sippy cup and give it to herself. It was the neatest thing to watch. She is beginning to laugh allot more and it is nice to see the lighter side of her personality. I joke that she will be our little engineer of the family. She studies everything and looks like she is analyzing it to see how it works. It is very refreshing to watch the eyes of a child who is seeing something new for the first time. So often I forget how pretty a sunset or a blooming flower is, but she marvels at all these things. She just loves being outside. She cries when we have to come in sometimes. Gracie must bee about to cut a tooth because her drueling has been insane. Everything she touched goes in her mouth. We did go trick or treating with John's whole family. My little duck had a good time for about an hour but at 7:30 she was ready for bed. Her Aunt Leigh's neighborhood has a big production for Halloween. We pulled a decorated trailer from John's truck through the neighborhood. By the end we had so many people on that trailer you couldn't even move. I will post plenty of pictures of our beautiful little girl. Happy Holidays!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment