Thursday, July 3, 2008

Two Months old!

I am sorry it has taken me awhile to update. I am back at work for the month of July so I have less time to update her blog than I did on my maternity leave. Monday was her two month check-up and her first round of shots. John was out of town and my Mom was here to watch Gracie so she went with us. Gracie was so good and fell asleep in my arms, until they came at her with three big needles. They gave two in one leg and one in the other. Luckily she has a little bit meatier legs thank some two month old babies so she might not have been quite as sore. She screamed for a minute or two then fell back asleep. They told me she might be a little groggy and fussy but to call them with any concerns. She had a rough afternoon. She cried most of the afternoon and the only thing that made her feel better was being held. I was working so my Mom did all of the holding. Our house is not very big and since I work at home, I know that anyone who called me wondered if I was running a day care or working for LLS. That night she went to bed at 9:30pm and slept until 6am. I went in twice during the night to make sure she was breathing. I was so excited until last night came and she woke up at 3am for her usual nighttime feeding. I guess it was the shots and we are still a little while away from sleeping through the night. I have confidence it will come soon! The doctor said she looked healthy and is growing on her curve! I will not reveal her weight since a lady never tells, but she is definitely healthy. She is smiling at our facial expressions and is starting to make noises at us. It is so much fun to watch her respond. Before we know it she will be sitting up on her own! This weekend she is going to John's Mom's house for the fourth so that we can enjoy some much needed R&R at the lake! Happy fourth to everyone!

No comments: