Sunday, June 22, 2008
Gracie is growing
So this past week Gracie is officially 7 weeks old. I tried to weigh her last Sunday and she is rapidly approaching 13 pounds. I always said I wanted a chubby baby and I definitely got my wish. Now I would just like a baby that could sleep through the night, I hope I get that wish too! We went out to Johnston again this weekend to work on our house. We ended up spending the night both nights. We have a queen size bed and Gracie's pack'n play. I related it to camping, but as John pointed out we have a full functioning kitchen and a jacuzzi tub. That is hardly roughing it. But I did go without TV for a full weekend. That is really something for me! Gracie's sour hour at night is starting to expand from her 7 o'clock bottle to her 11 o'clock bottle, a little bit more than just one hour. She really just wants to be held during that time if she is awake. John is good about taking her for an hour or so during that time so that I can relax in a bubble bath for a little while. He is focusing on trying to teach her to say Daddy, he would love for that to be her first word. Her favorite time of the day is bath time. She kicks her little legs in that baby bath tub and smiles. We were just saying how fun it is to see her react to our words and facial expressions. She will smile and make funny noises at us and we think it is amazing. I am posting a picture of Gracie right after her bath. She looks so cute in her ducky towel John saved the picture as his desk top. When John called his friends to let them know Gracie was born, his friend Tyler summed parenting up so well. He said, "this is when life really begins". I have to agree with that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment