Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Lunch Date

Today Gracie and I got to go to lunch with one of my good friends and her son. Her son is only two weeks younger than Gracie, and much smaller. Gracie looked rather large next to him. She is doing so good, today she smiled and laughed at the same time. I couldn't help it, I cried. I have turned into that sap I always dreaded. I happened to be on the phone with my Mom at the time and then she got sad that she wasn't here to see it. This time I know it wasn't gas and she wasn't dreaming because she was wide awake. I know this is the first of many amazing moments I will have in my life with Gracie. This elderly woman sitting at chic-fil-a stopped me and wanted to take a look at her. She asked me what her name was, when I said Grace she teared up and said that my little girl was filled with Grace so the name was perfect. Then she about hacked up a lung (almost on Gracie) and ruined the beautiful moment. My pediatrician Steve said people will be dying to touch her in public just like a pregnant woman's belly. I told him when I was pregnant if a stranger touched my belly I touched there's back! He liked that. I go back to the Dr. on Thursday, hopefully I will get the ok to start working out again. I am ready to get the rest of my baby weight off before I put on a bathing suit! This Sunday is Gracie's baby dedication at church. Of course her Nana had to buy her a new outfit, so I will post pictures once I have some.

1 comment:

hovenblog said...

I'm still trying to get Hoven on the right schedule too. Let me know when you find a solution - haha!! Can't wait to meet Grace! Love ya, Dane