Monday, June 9, 2008

Big Weekend

This past weekend was big for Gracie. We had her dedication on Sunday morning at church. She slept throughout the whole dedication and then woke up once the sermon started and was ready to eat. She looked so cute in her little outfit Nana gave her. We have several friends at church who have also become parents recently so it was fun to be at the dedication with everyone. There were fifteen boys and only five girls, so I think her odds are great. After that we went over to Gama's (John's Mom) to have pool party with all of her cousins. The water was still a little cool for her so she watched from the sun room. She is so content. We are still trying very hard to get her on a nighttime schedule, which seems to be our biggest challenge. Last night she made it 6 hours without a feeding. I was so happy when I looked at the clock and realized how long she went. She just likes to cry when it is time to start the bedtime process. If anyone has suggestion let me know! I am reading the book by Jo Frost from the TV show supernanny. I haven't gotten too far yet. I am trying to read everything I can get my hands on and then take what I want from each persons suggestions. The only thing I have learned so far is that nothing is constant and I have to do whatever is best for Gracie and myself!

1 comment:

Steven and Stephanie Cresap said...

Jenny,

I love your updates and enjoyed seeing the picture of you on John's new lawnmower! Who would have thought!:-) Are you coming back to ATL anytime soon? We want to meet Gracie!

Steph