Monday, August 4, 2008

3 Months old

I can't believe I have waited so long to update Gracie's blog. Things have been a little crazy around here. John was in Atlanta for three weeks of training with his new job and I had my last day of work on the 25th. I am officially a stay at home Mom with little Gracie. It couldn't have happened at a better time because we are also in the 12 days of due diligence for selling our house! It is a rough market for people selling there homes right now so we are very grateful that this buyer came along. It will be a little bitter sweet since this is the house we came home to when we were married and brought our daughter home from the hospital. It has been a great home and we have met some great friends here but now the next chapter of our lives is beginning. We are off to the country. We now need to spend every weekend packing and finishing up our new home. We still have some rooms to paint and alot of cleaning. Gracie has grown by leaps and bounds, she is now 3 months old. She grabs objects and pulls them to her face, smiles at our silly expressions, and laughs out loud. She is starting to hold her head up. But the the best new development has been sleeping through the night, the past two night have been 9pm to 8am. We are praying this continues but we know when she starts teething it will get rough again. Gracie had such a good time in Atlanta with her Aunt Julie and Nana. She is having a hard time adjusting to be home since she was held constantly at my mothers house. We had dinner with some of our friends from church and there babies. It is so much fun to see them all together since they are only a few weeks apart. Our best friends Betsy, Walt, and Luke will be moving to Fountain Inn to start a new church. There son Luke was born two weeks after Gracie. Betsy and I went through our entire pregnancies together (even our classes and same doctors office) and usually go to lunch weekly. I am sad to see my best friend go, but I know they will be bringing the gospel to people who need it! I am posting several pictures of Gracie since it has been so long. Thank you all for being such great friends!

No comments: