Tuesday, August 12, 2008

No longer a newborn

It finally hit me the other day that Gracie is no longer a newborn. She is rapidly approaching four months old and gets bigger everyday. She can hold her head up on her own and sits up well in her little bumbo seat. For some reason she is having difficulty again sleeping through the night. I know she is too young to be teething and we have tried the cereal thing. She was sleeping through the night at least every other night but now it is either at 1am or 4am. Since she does not like pacifiers so nothing will seem to soothe her but the bottle! I am enjoying being home with her so much. I get to be apart of every new and wonderful thing that happens to her daily. We will be moving to the country August 23rd and I couldn't be more ready. We have been working on this house for almost a year now. It has been one of the hardest challenges John and I have ever taken on together. It was harder than building a house since we did most all of the work ourselves and gutted it completely. At night I seem to collapse from exhaustion between packing this house during the week, painting and preparing the other house on the weekends, and taking care of our little one during all of this. My family has been a big help, they come over to help paint, clean, do wood-work, and all the other odd jobs. My parents have been amazing and I can't thank them enough. My sister and Mom are coming back for the move. My sister is the biggest work horse you have ever seen. She and John are very similar with their work ethic. John's Mom has been a big help too, she keeps Gracie so that we can get all of our work done. That on top of giving us the house, she has been a saint. Please just pray that we make it through the move! We will miss Augusta, but I know Gracie is going to enjoy being a country girl.

No comments: