Monday, August 18, 2008
No Internet
I realized this weekend how much I take the Internet for granted and just how dependant I am on it to stay in touch with the rest of the world. We have been in the country working on our new house since Friday. The do not offer DSL out in the sticks so we are looking into satellite. So after this Saturday there is no telling when I will be able to update next. Everyday brings something new with Gracie. She can hold her head up and has been preferring to sleep on her stomach whenever possible. We had dinner with our new neighbors in South Carolina (friends we have known for awhile). They had twins on my birthday July 7th! Jack and Katie are there names and they are so cute! I know they will be Gracie's best friends. Their nursery is the most spectacular thing I have ever seen. It looks like something from a movie. Since they are twins Gracie has a jump on them in the size department. Their Mom Ashleigh is going to stay home with them so it will be nice to have play dates right down the street. Being out there for a whole weekend made me appreciate the grocery store and pharmacy right down the street from our house in Augusta. There is no jumping in the car and running to the store. You have to be prepared for everything. So we decided we will need two refrigerators. I took Gracie around the property in her stroller with the dogs by our side. She was overwhelmed trying to soak it all in. On Sunday afternoon we both took nap and it amazing how quiet it is out there, you can hear the crickets and see the stars at night. It will be a nice change from the city living I grew up in. Thank you all who read our blog and think that our life in amusing enough to keep coming back. I will definitely post pictures of the house once we are in. Wish us luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good luck moving!
Post a Comment