Tuesday, September 2, 2008
We are moved in!
I can't believe it myself, but we are actually all moved in our new house. If you know John and I then you know we do not wait and do anything. So, pictures are hung and the rooms are decorated! It has only taken us a full year to accomplish everything. We look around at our beautiful new home with such satisfaction and pride. We have worked so hard on this house, it literally has our blood, sweat and tears in it. We did all the demo ourselves, all the painting ourselves (and when I say painting I mean priming, two coats on all walls, and even the woodwork). My Dad and Mom helped us but it was mainly John's dedication that accomplished everything. He worked so hard and I am so proud of him. After all this hard work our bodies must have been really run down because the whole family has been so sick. I was first, then John, and now Gracie. She is only four months old, so naturally I panicked when she had 100.4 temperature last night. We took her to the doctor this morning and he thinks it is just a bug. It breaks my heart to watch my daughter wheezing, coughing, sneezing, and watching her little eyes run constantly. She has been a real trooper though, for a sick child she has not been too fussy. I try to do everything I can to ease her pain. She can't really take any medicine since she is so young, so we bought a vaporizer to put near her crib and propped up the head of it. It is so cute to watch her snuggle up and suck on her thumb to soothe herself ( I know that is a bad habit, but one she came by naturally from her father). She is so sweet despite her sickness. I told John I would rather us be sick 365 days a year than for her to be sick even one. I feel so guilty because I think I am the one who gave this virus to the rest of my family. We are anxiously waiting for the closing of our house in Augusta on Monday. Please pray that everything goes smoothly. Sorry it took so long for me to update but we do have our Internet now as well as our home phone and direct tv! We just do not get good cell phone service so I think we will switch carriers soon. I will post some pictures of Gracie. Please pray that she feels better soon too! When I take some pictures in the next week or so of the house I will update them too! Take care everyone! by they way ROLL TIDE!!! Since we have been together (6years) our two colleges have never played each other, but John and I handles it with such grace. He said I was a very graceful winner. But inside I could not be happier for the crimson tide!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment