Friday, April 18, 2008

Good News!

We went to the doctor yesterday and looks like I will be able to avoid a c-section! The sonogram technician had a difficult time measuring her head because she has dropped so low, but it looks like she is weighing in around 7.2 give or take a pound. I was very excited at the opportunity for a normal delivery. The doctor gave me a date of May 1st, so if I have not gone into labor on my own before then she will induce me. She said is very possible that I could go into labor on my own since she has dropped so low and my cervix is starting to soften. John thought I would be upset since I was hoping that next week we would meet our daughter, but I know the best place for her right now is right where she is. It is just getting very uncomfortable lately and the braxton hicks are getting rather intense, especially at night. Please continue to pray for a safe and healthy arrival for our daughter. As it approaches we are getting anxious and excited! We also pray that John will find a job in the next few weeks as well, especially since I will be on maternity leave. I go back to the doctor again next Thursday for my last appointment. I will be sure to keep everyone posted!

2 comments:

Mike and Ashley Madden said...

sounds like things are ramping up. I am so excited for you and John and can't wait to meet Gracie. I am thinking about all of you and praying for a safe, easy delivery.
Talk to you soon!!
Ashley

Steven and Stephanie Cresap said...

Great news! I am constantly checking the blog to see when the "big news" is happening:-) good luck and I'm sure you'll do just fine.

Stephanie