Thursday, April 24, 2008
It looks like a week from today.
We went to the doctor today and everything went well. The sonogram technician told us Gracie was measuring 8lbs 7oz. Which was a big increase from the last weeks 7.2. My doctor said there is about a half a pound room for error. I don't think sonograms are too accurate. But any way I have only dialted 1cm so she thinks I will make to my induce date of 5/1. So John and I have to be at the hospital next Thursday at 6am to start the long process of induction. She did a great job todayof letting me know about all the circumstances that could come about. We are going to try and deliver this baby the old fashioned way, but she wanted me to know it was a possiblility that I might have to have an emergency c-section. Another patient of her pushed for two hours the other day and just couldn't deliver the baby. She just doesn't want me to be upset with her if Gracie needs to come via emergency c-section, and I completely understand where she is coming from. By next Thursday she could be closer to 9 pounds, but we are waiting til that week to make sure her lung developement is complete. I just want to do what is best for Gracie and I know my doctor does too. I have actually enjoyed that fact of knowing I have another week with just John. My parents are going to come over the night before and I told them I want to go to a "last supper" before the big day. I can't eat anything throughout the day so I want to make up for it the night before. I will probably do one more entry before the big day so check back. I am also going to give John instructions on how to post pictures of Gracie once she arrives. Thank you all for your words of encouragement and prayers, please continue to pray for a healthy delivery and baby girl!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment