Tuesday, May 6, 2008

She has arrived!

Sorry it has taken me a little while to update. Things have been crazy and my recovery will take a little while. We went in on Thursday the 1st to be induced at about 6am. Neither John nor I slept the night before from all of our excitment. We got there and they started the induction at about 7am. Then my doctor came over and broke my water around 7:45. I did good for about two hours of contractions then I requested my epideral. It was great until about an hour and half later when it stopped working. The needle has come out of the part of the spine it was suppose to effect. So for the next hour and a half I got to experience natural childbirth. For those of you who can do it my hats off to you. The anesthesiologist came back in and had to give me a second epideral which stopped the pain, but not the pressure. At about 3:30 I was fully dialted and started pushing. We pushed for about an hour and 45 minutes and nothing was happening. My doctor came in and gave me the news I had been dreading, I had to have a c-section. I cried a little then sucked it up and said lets get the show on the road. I always knew it would be possibility. The took me in for surgery and then brought John back a little later. Grace Elizabeth Kelly "Gracie" was born at 6:10pm. She was 8lbs 14 oz and 22 inches long. The first time I heard her cry I had to join in. This is truly the most amazing thing I have ever experienced. She has already humbles John and I to the amazing grace of the Lord. I came home a little early for a c-section but figured I would rather recover in my own bed. My Mom has been here ever since and I do not know what we would do without her! Aunt Julie even came over to help for a few days. (She taught her how to ROLL TIDE !!) John has been doing everything but feeding her since I have to do that. With a c-section I can't lift her or change her diapers but I just started today. He has been my rock and was amazing through the whole process. I will try to be better at posting, but here are some pictures. Thank you all for your phone calls and prayers. We are all trying to adapt to our new lifestyle with our little blessing. God bless!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Gracie is the cutest thing!! She is sooooo chubby I love it! Hey Zackary was only 1 pound heavier than her! I got your text message and have been checking the site like crazy. I am so glad you finally posted the pics. Congrats and call me when you have time. I dont want to bother you while you are enjoying your new daughter and family!