Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Doctors Visit
Gracie went to the doctor yesterday and she is doing great. She is weighing in at 9lbs 7Oz. Dr. Steve said she is in the 95% and that is awesome. He also said for Mommy to not get hung up in the percent and weight. As long as she is gaining weight and eating she is doing great. She is starting to turn her days and nights around. We get up for two feedings a night and then she self soothes her way back to sleep. John and I said we would have ten more if they had this personality, but since we can't guarantee it we will stick with just Gracie for now. She really only cries if her diaper is dirty or she is hungry. What a blessing for our first child. She also had to go get her hearing re-tested yesterday. She did not pass in her left ear at the hospital, but yesterday she passed with flying colors. John has been reading baby wise out loud to her at night and she seems very soothed by his voice. The nurses in the hospital told us it is very important to start reading right away, since she doesn't really understand what we are reading baby wise works. :) Tomorrow her Nana will come back and bring my grandmother Nini with her. I am so excited for Nini to meet little Gracie. We took her to South Carolina this past weekend to see her new house and meet her cousins. They were so good with her. Her four year old cousin Carter just couldn't get enough of her. He was so intrigued and cautious, he made sure everyone who came near her washed their hands! I will post pictures of her adventures. Thank you all for keeping up with our progress. I will try to keep updating as often as I can.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment